Sunday, January 24, 2010

Ice Fishing

Friday I headed up to Little Green Lake for a weekend of ice fishing with some friends.

Woody and Duey discuss the impact of global warming on the schooling pattern of walleye.
Paul Wood and Duane Walz.
Woody pulls a decent perch out around 3pm. He would later go on to catch his 2nd and final fish of the weekend an hour later.
That evening as the rest of the guys arrived we discuss our plans to bring peace to the world.
Great work by Duey on finding the house we rented.
Dave Hanson, Scott Breuer, Duey, Woody, and Don Walz.
After the World Peace summit we headed out to help stimulate the local economy.
Dave Walz, Scott Breuer, and Woody.
Saturday we were out early in an attempt to beat the pending rain. Not even a bite.
Scott and Woody.

The rains came late Saturday washing out a planned night of fishing. Sunday was also washed away by rain. After breakfast we headed for home. Thank you to Duey for setting this all up again. I am looking forward to next year!

It is great to get away and spend time with friends, but it sure is good to come home. I am looking forward to the day when I can bring my little buddy along.
A few weeks ago I spent some time trying to teach Grady how to signal a touchdown but he didn't seem to get it. Well today he showed me he did "get it".
TOUCHDOWN!

No comments: