I've had a few people ask me for this recipe. It's for caramel corn, but one of my colleagues renamed it "crack" because you just can't stop eating it.
1 lb. of butter (2 sticks) (do not use margarine!)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 tsp. baking soda
1 bag of corn puffs
Preheat oven to 250 degress. Spread corn puffs in a large roaster pan (or into two 9 x 13 pans). In a 2 quart saucepan, cook butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup together for two minutes (or until the butter melts). Add baking soda to mixture. This will cause the mixture to foam. Pour caramel mixture over the corn puffs and stir until evenly coated. Place in the oven for 45 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven, place on parchment paper. Allow this to cool and then break it apart.
Note: I have also found a recipe that calls for 1 stick of butter. This past weekend, I noticed that the recipe as made above did produce some soggy corn puffs. I'm going to experiment with the amount of butter in this recipe in order to create the perfect crunchy and sweet corn puff.
No comments:
Post a Comment