Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lobenstein Family Photos

While home visiting my parents I was looking at some old family pictures. I decided to scan a few of the pictures in order to save copies for Grady when he is older. Here is a sample of those pictures.

Gary Bernard Lobenstein Born June 29, 1950. I think this might be where Grady's cheeks came from.
Young Gary studied hypnotism at a young age. 1951Joan and Jane on their first birthdays in November of 1953.
Young Gary would grow to share his love of baseball with his son and eventually grandsons. (1955)Joan, Jane and Debby visiting their Dad my Grandpa Bob at work.
In the spring of 1956 Gary shows the catch of the day with his brothers Rick and Denny.Jane, Debby, Cindy and Joan hanging out with their dog and dolls in their PJ'sJoan in about 2nd grade
Gary and Joan in 1959Mom must not have like long hair, but was fan of big buttons apparently.
Audrey and Bernard Lobenstein 1961
The Lobenstein's Gary, Terry, Julie, Jane, Audrey, Rick, Shari and Denny 1964 Mom's first perm? I would guess this is from the HS years?
Mom poses for a picture when she was 16. This is first picture where I can see a lot of resemblance to me.
The Ashley's Jane, Joan, Bob, Debbie, Collen, Faye, John and Cindy
Private Lobenstein at basic training 1969.Joan getting ready for her wedding 1973.
Gary in basic training for Wisconsin Power and Light 1973.

Here Comes Ryan
February 8, 1974 was when I was born and it obviously falls in the middle of Bowling season.
Mom and me hanging out on our awsome couch. Check out the lamp!
This would be the first time of many wrestling matches when I would pin my father.
Mom and me. I think I can see a resemblance to Grady in this picture.
Here is the first picture of me practicing long snapping. It would come in handy as we punted often in HS.
Can you count the hazards in this picture? Ashtray, Hunting Arrows, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Recalled Playpen...
Token bathing photo.
My first birthday cake. I have been hooked since.
More hazards, toy boxes that eat little boys hands. The teddy bear in the background was featured in a prior blog. https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgt2M3WGEYKBLa86pAEOXtoypjLQSCpx2RM4UY7lrQDSq-pGP7-LGpD3OixNftRlQFRRKSzJJG87bOAgHHR0s_XAmbE5PnjzkjnBQ7l6mxvdCRDlM0pZvmoWTYR1xzP1a7EccUDGm77_OY/s1600-h/DSC02604.JPG
I am not quite sure what look I was going for in this picture.
This quite possibly is my most favorite thing about Christmas.
Birthday #2. I wonder if I allowed happy birthday to be sung.
Yet, another goofy outfit.
No, I was not training to rob banks.
Me, Mom and my little sister Michelle.
Michelle rides our hobby horse, which was the focal point of many pictures. To this day there is a mark on the ceiling in the basement where a spring broke and nailed the ceiling. Shortly after the horse was put to rest.
Apparently we kept the horse tied up next to the gun cabinet in case we needed to form a posse.
Michelle and our cousin Dave Lobenstein who works with me at NBC 15.
Who didn't dress up as Superman in 1978?My favorite family photo from the 70's.
Dad still enjoying fishing, this was a trip to Canada.
These fish were probably caught entirely by someone else because to this day I can't seem to catch more than 2 in an entire weekend of fishing.
My love of Brewers and Baseball can be seen in this photo from 1983. I also apparently loved Velcro shoes.
This was taken in 1991 prior to my senior year at Dodgeville High School.
Our family photo 1992 and this time our collars are much smaller.My Grandpa Bernie Lobenstein spends some time each summer back in Wisconsin. He lives near Phoenix most of the year. This was taken about 4 years ago. I hope to get a picture with Grady, Dad and Grandpa soon. 4 Generations of Lobensteins.

Coming soon: the Phelps family through the years.

No comments: