Sunday, September 28, 2008

Twenty Six Years!!!

Today was huge! I have not been this excited about a win since the Packers won the Super Bowl. I remember watching with friends and then going to downtown La Crosse and it just being amazing. Today I ran around the house and outside yelling, then I mowed the yard.
For the first time in 26 years the Milwaukee Brewers are in the playoffs. Last season they came close but faded and missed out by a couple of games. In 1992 when I was a freshman at UW-La Crosse and Hillary was a Junior in HS, they made a run but again missed out. Back in 82' I can remember crying when they lost to the Cardinals. To this day I hate Joaquin Andujar http://www.baseball-reference.com/a/andujjo01.shtml and Willie McGee. Man that guy was ugly!
So, now what? It begins Wednesday in Philadelphia. I won't be heading East, but I will be at Miller Park Saturday for the first playoff game in Milwaukee.
For the Brewers, "If you get to the playoffs, yeah, you've done your job," acting manager Dale Sveum said. "But if you lose in the playoffs, you didn't finish the job." (AP)For me, it is time to fullfill a pledge... http://www.peeyourpantsforthebrewers.com/ I signed up last year, and while doing so I signed up my nephew Luke...who probably has already completed the task. Of course he is only 19 months old.

No comments: