Friday, September 19, 2008

Are you kidding me?

For the past two years our friends Aline and Adam have taken us to a Brewers vs. Cubs game at Wrigley Field. Last year it was Hillary and I who made the trip to Chicago. We were able to see the Brewers get out to a 4-0 lead in the 1st inning. They had that lead until the bottom of the 9th when the Cubs hit a walk off HR and won 5-4. That hurt.
Yesterday it was John Melahn who came with. We met Adam and Aline and a friend of Johns at the Cubbie Bear before heading over to the park. As Yogi Berra said it was Deja Vu all over again. The Brewers had a lead going into the bottom of the 9th. This time they were up 6-2. Well guess what frigging happend? The Cubs tied it with their 3rd HR of the game. Then in the 12th inning the Cubs won. Good grief! On the long drive home, I had a few hours to reflect. Unfortunately this time it didn't hurt as much which means I am getting use to the Brewers dissapointing me. I am happy for Adam, who is a life long Cubs fan. He even offered to bring
me back for more games next season...I wonder why? However, I still hate the Cubs and I still hate Lou Pinella and that goes back to my childhood. My Dad's cousin came to visit one day and he had player minor league baseball and competed against Lou for a job in the majors. Basically he didn't have much good to say about him. That has stuck with me over the years. Could a guy walk any $#!% slower to the mound?
Thanks again to Adam and Aline. We are looking forward to going back to Chicago next May for their wedding. I also just checked the 09 Brewers schedule and fortunately they don't play at Wrigley in May.
Here are a few pictures from Tuesday.Bench Coach Robin Yount and Manager Dale Sveum
Brewers with the Bases Loaded

JJ Hardy Drives the Ball to Right Field (Foul Ball)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures, Lobe. It's always excellent to have to document one of your least favorite games of the season, write about it in details on your blog and then have see it again every time you click on your own site. I would do the exact same thing, but if these guys would just win, so many more blogs would put us in great moods in cyberspace. I always wanted to pee my pants for the Brewers. But a pennant seems so far off, I feel like I'm still wearing diapers and waiting for training. Give my love to Hillary.