
Last Saturday, we went on an adventure to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to the Lighthouse Inn. We celebrated Holly and Dave's 28th wedding anniversary. Holly is my Mom's cousin. (By the way, this is Hillary writing this post.)

Holly, Dave, and Dick enjoy appetizers.

Holly and Dave--the happy couple. What you don't see is that they are playing "footsie" underneath the table!

Dave, Dick, and Ken

Delmar and Irene

Aunt Lenore and Uncle Bob--Aunt Lenore is my grandmother Evelyn's sister.

Chris (Holly and Dave's first son) and his girlfriend Jessica just had a baby last month.
This is Aubrey--what a cutie pie! She was so tiny next to Audra.
It's really amazing how quickly they grow.

Waitress Barb (Grandma Hoy) is serving Jessica and Chris appetizers.

Audra Eve enjoys her crackers and apple juice. Audra's middle name, Eve, is a shortened form of my grandmother's name, Evelyn.

Auntie Ashley saves the day with her iPhone and it's kid friendly apps. Grady enjoys playing some animal themed apps. He even learned the word, dromedary (a camel), from this. Grady also enjoyed looking at the fish ("Nemo") in the restaurant's fish tanks. He also told me there was a monkey in the tree outside. Hmmmmm...I'm not so sure about that.
A few other highlights from the evening include seeing Matt (Holly and Dave's second son). I'm sorry that we didn't get a picture of him in here. Grady telling Holly upon arrival that "I'm not jolly when I see you." Holly also asked Grady what one of the dwarfs (from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs) he liked the most. Apparently, Grady responded with an inappropriate word starting with an A that has two syllables. It loosely rhymes with "heigh-ho." So, I'm hoping that he just said "heigh-ho," and Holly and Ashley interpreted incorrectly!
1 comment:
That Snow White story is a keeper!
Post a Comment