Monday, November 23, 2009

Deer Hunting Season 2009

Saturday morning the view from my hunting blind.
It was foggy for most of the morning.
At 1:30pm I saw my first and only deer of opening deer. It was in the tall grass near the woods and was running from right to left. It was about a 50 yard shot.
Another pic from earlier in the day Saturday. (On Sunday I saw my 2nd and 3rd deer of the weekend for a total of 3 all weekend. This shot was again 50 yards. It was standing walking near the large tree on the right side of the picture.)
I call this photo, Moss on a Stump.
Back to day 2. Getting ready to drive the "40".
All of these trees in this group had been used for a rub.
Mid-day Sunday someone came in and registered this buck in Plain.

After two days of hunting our group took 9 deer (8 doe and 1 buck). If you are scoring along at home. The Gerber's 4. The Lobenstein's 2. My dad has to pick it up I can't carry us every season.
I am hoping to get back out again this coming weekend. I am still looking for that nice (first) buck.

No comments: