Tuesday, February 26, 2008

My Meme

Here are the rules:

The rules are as follows:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
4. Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
5. Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

I'm playing the first three rules, and not the last two. Because I break rules (or I just don't know seven people with blogs).

Seven things about me:
1. I really want to become a chef. I want to go to culinary school and specialize in pastries and desserts. On my last snow day, I made cinnamon rolls from scratch (using yeast). They were spectacular because they were actually good. They were even better because I made them from scratch.

2. I submitted my master's thesis 2.5 weeks ago. I obsessively check my grad school email to see if the paper has been accepted.

3. I'm currently teaching Romeo and Juliet in English 9 and The Catcher in the Rye in American Literature. But I'm really looking forward to teaching Harper Lee's To Kill A Mockingbird fourth quarter.

4. I just learned that QUARTZY is the best first word to play in a Scrabble game. It is worth 140+ points. My husband won the weekly Scrabble game that we play. He scored big with QUIZ (which is 22 points on its own) and he managed to place it in the Double Word Score position. It was 44 points. He loved that he won and bragged about it the next day. I thought that was cute because I'm going to school him this week!

5. I am currently reading Scott Westerfield's Pretties. This is part of my grad school portfolio. It's a young adult novel. A part of a series--Uglies, Pretties, Specials, and Extras. And I really like it. I'm also reading Parker J. Palmer's The Courage to Teach for grad school.

6. I love the television series, The Office. It will return on April 10th. And I'm really looking forward to it.

7. Juno is the best movie I have seen this year. It was heartwarming, spunky, and sassy. Juno is the kind of teenager you wish you were (well, except for the pregnant teenager part).

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

"except for the pregnant teenager part" made me snort water out my nose - Thanks!

I LOVED this list Hillary! Someday your blog readership will grow (it happens slowly) and then people will enjoy reading into your archives and finding this post. :-)