The view from where we hunt near Plain WI.
On the day after Christmas Hillary and the kids headed North to Mercer with her family. Unfortunately I have to work all week, but I did have Monday off and got a chance to go hunting with my Dad and Rick.
On the day after Christmas Hillary and the kids headed North to Mercer with her family. Unfortunately I have to work all week, but I did have Monday off and got a chance to go hunting with my Dad and Rick.
Dad and Rick hanging out in the truck between drives. I took this picture because it reminded me of a truck commercial.
Keeping a watchful eye for the mighty whitetail. It would prove to be a productive hunt. In total we saw 14 deer that day. I was fortunate enough to shoot a decent size deer around 11:30am. I thought it was a doe. It turns out it was buck that had already shed it's antlers.

This is what it would have looked like.
Actually this was a painting my Grandpa Lobenstein had in his basement and he passed it on to my Dad.
Actually this was a painting my Grandpa Lobenstein had in his basement and he passed it on to my Dad.
Later that day on the way home I saw 14 deer in a field near Spring Green.
Not a one had horns, maybe they are all shedding early.
This is near Hwy 23 and Cty Rd T.
No comments:
Post a Comment