Monday, November 21, 2011

Deer Hunting with a Camera

This past weekend was Opening Weekend for Wisconsin's Gun Deer Season. My parent's families both hunted and for the past 25 plus years I have hunted with my Dad. In fact the first year I hunted, my Dad was the same age I am now. In a few years I hope to bring my kids with me and pass along the tradition. Grady seems interested. When picking out Birthday Cakes with his mom, he picked up a deer hunting themed cake. Hunting to me is more than just shooting a deer, it is about spending time with my family and our friends who we have hunted with for the past 25-30 years. It is also about being able to spend time outdoors. I have been pretty fortunate to have been taught the rules and safety lessons from my Dad. Unfortunately his ability to shoot bucks each and every season didn't get passed down. I am still hoping for the chance to take a trophy buck. Maybe the opportunity will be there next weekend. Otherwise I will have to wait until next year.
However, I did have some luck with my camera, but still no bucks.
No Hunting
Dining Doe
Whitetail Warning!
Which Way Do We Go?
Whitetail Ridge
Run to Safety
Where is the Whitetail?
Weekend Warriors
Wisconsin Whitetails

No comments: