Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Family Vacation 2011

Every summer we try to take a week long family vacation. We kicked it off this year with a trip to Green Bay to visit our friends the Oelklaus family and a visit to Lambeau Field for Packer Family Night.
Grady points the way to Lambeau Field home of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
The view from our seats. Notice the Brewer game on the TV!
Due to the lockout family night wasn't a full scrimmage. But it sure was fun watching the Super Bowl Champs at Lambeau.
Jordy Nelson would make the catch and follow it with the first Lambeau Leap of the 2011 season.
Unfortunately the night was cut short by a big rain and wind storm.
When I took this picture I couldn't help but hope he was thinking about playing football down there for the Packers. The more I watched him I was certain he was thinking about playing, playing in the puddles!
The rain won't get Mom and Audra down, they have ice cream!
Family Night wraps up with a fireworks display over Lambeau Field
A fun way to end the evening.
Despite the rain I think everyone had a good time.
We are looking forward to our next trip back to Green Bay.
Thank you to our hosts Neil, Michelle and Henry. We hope to see you soon.

No comments: