This past weekend brought back some memories. I can remember my Easter basket in addition to candy usually contained a couple packs of baseball cards. So I made sure to pick up some cards for Grady. I also made sure to open them for him. For those readers who are curious as to what he got; Mat Gamel, Evan Longoria and Nick Adenhart's Rookie Cards and a Ryan Braun. They will all be waiting safely for him when he gets older. 
I was also reminded of much I hated heights and still do for that matter.
But tonight while holding Grady I remembered how Dad would come home from work and we would help him pull his boots off.
So Dad if you read this. Thank Mom for the cards, and thanks for not making me go up in the bucket. Thanks for showing me how to properly remove work boots. Looking down the road I think I will try a different method of teaching Grady how to ride a bike. However, I do look forward to him holding the flashlight for me while working on some yet to be determined project.
No comments:
Post a Comment