Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Birthing Class

We should let you know that both of us write our blog. Sometimes, you'll be reading Ryan's entries and sometimes you'll be reading my entries. The easiest way to figure out which writer you're reading is this: if it's related to sports, it's Ryan. Maybe we'll start signing a signature at the end of each entry to make this more clear. Now onto our reflections on birthing class.

I guess you don't need catcher's gear, who knew?
Last weekend we took another step on the journey to parenthood. One and a half days of child birth education. I am pretty sure we both learned quite a bit. -Ryan

I am certain that I paid closer attention than Ryan. After all, it's my body that is going to be going through all of this. We discussed breathing, massage, distraction techniques, and the process of birth. I am thinking of labor and birth as training for a marathon. So, I better be up for the challenge. My personal thoughts...I'm going to continue exercising, practice breathing techniques, and do kegels like never before. I also learned that it's important to be flexible with everything as it happens to you. I am nervous about labor and birth. But I know at the other side of the birthing process is (God-willing) a happy healthy little boy with two estastic (but exhausted) new parents. -Hillary

No comments: